As data capacity demands increase over mobile and fixed networks worldwide, operators are looking for solutions that allow them to provide ubiquitous high bandwidth services.
Over the last few years, Ka-Band satellites have been launched, enabling higher volumes of data traffic to be transported. Ka-Band provides greater capacity, faster speeds and better efficiencies with smaller antennas than satellite solutions at C-Band or Ku-Band, enabling operators to offer differentiated services. Within the next 10 years, demand for Ka-based satellite services are expected to increase, with applications in backhaul, oil and gas, enterprise, and government/military communications all requiring higher data rate connections.
The SAGE SatCom Ka-Band Linear Block Up Converters provide 5-20 watts of linear power in the most compact package available in the industry. The frequency agility of a single BUC covers the entire Ka frequency band from 29 – 31 GHz, simplifying system planning, logistics and sparing. Flexibility of monitoring & command (M&C) of the BUC is enhanced through the use of both RS-485 and HTTP (Ethernet) interfaces. Maintenance is also enhanced through the use of field replaceable fuses and fans.
The compactness and light weight of the solid state Linear Ka-Band BUC allows for direct mounting to the antenna feed arm resulting in a superior end solution to larger competing products that require pedestal mounting.
- Industry’s most compact and lightest Linear Ka-Band BUC.
- Directly mounts to antenna feed arm
- Single frequency agile model covers complete frequency band from 29 GHz to 31 GHz.
- Solid State technology provides highest reliability and lowest power consumption, typically 140 watts at 5W linear RF output power
- Compact and energy efficient
- Solid State Reliability
- Frequency agile design covers complete frequency band
- Easy System Integration
- Thermally Efficient
- Low Thermal Noise
- Superior Harmonic and Spurious Suppression