This privacy statement sets out how Sematron UK Ltd uses and protects any information that you to provide Sematron UK Ltd and when you use this website.
Sematron UK Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we receive from you certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This Privacy Statement applies to any personal information you provide to us:
- When visiting the Sematron website
- When entering into a contract with Sematron
- When you correspond, or communicate with Sematron over the telephone or in any other manner including by letter, facsimile or email
Failure by you to provide personal information when requested by Sematron may mean that we are unable to provide certain services and products to you.
Sematron has never and will never sell your personal data to third parties unrelated to our business with you.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic employment information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
Sematron may use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to communicate with you, including via occasional promotional emails about new products, product enhancements, software and firmware updates, safety and security updates, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- to facilitate and process contracts between yourself and Sematron including where necessary providing some of your personal information to our Approved Partners
- to provide support under contract or warranty, to communicate safety and security updates as well as firmware and software revisions.
- to identify the number of people using Sematron’s website services and establish the nature of their interests
- to conduct Sematron marketing activities
- to provide you with information about Sematron and its services and products
- to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests
- From time to time we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes, we may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use your feedback to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Keeping information up to date
Sematron strives to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date at all times.
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or no longer up to date, or you wish for your details to be removed, contact email@example.com or calling +44(0)1256 812222 so that we may take reasonable steps to address this and/or discuss alternative options with you.
Sematron will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information about you once the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or as authorised or required by law.
Access to and correction of information we hold about you
Upon your request, Sematron will provide you with access to your personal information unless there is an exception which applies under the General Data Protection Regulation, If we deny such access, we will tell you why.
Sematron may recover any reasonable costs incurred in providing you access to the requested information.
To request access to your personal information contact our Data Protection Officer via sales@sematron or calling +44(0)1256 812222
Controlling your personal information
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
Sematron UK Ltd may change our policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
Your continued use of the Sematron website constitutes your acceptance of the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information to the extent outlined in this Privacy statement as amended from time to time.
For further information about the protection of your privacy, please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website at www.ico.gov.uk